Willing Hands Sewing Society
She seeks wool and flax and works with willing hands. proverbs 31:13
We are a ministry of Lakeside Presbyterian Church and Lakeside Preschool, a multi-generational group of Christian women who pray, laugh and sew together. Our mission is to create durable clothing and feminine hygiene products for women and children in impoverished areas of the world. In the process, we enjoy a time of fellowship and encourage one another in our faith journey.
Below are ways to help:
- COME to our first Sewing Day! Tuesday, May 22, in the Fellowship Center from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. You are welcome to bring your machine and sew, cut out pattern pieces or just fellowship with us.
- DONATE items we need for construction. We need yardage of soft cotton flannel fabric, good quality cotton or polyester thread, and yardage of terrycloth. We also need yardage of medium weight quilting cotton in pretty prints for little dresses. Gift cards to Joann Fabric are also very helpful!
*For modesty and girls' safety, cotton MUST not be too lightweight. If you can see your hand through it, it's TOO SHEER!
- GIVE a monetary donation to help with postage, as we must ship our items to distribution centers.
- PRAY that this ministry is a blessing to those involved and those receiving these items around the world.
- Volunteer to WATCH children during our meetings so young moms can participate.